5 Moments of Wonder
The heart of Wonder Voyage is setting busy lives aside and reconnecting with God. Those encounters with God are what we call Moments of Wonder, and they happen differently for everyone.
To celebrate our 20th anniversary, we are collecting stories of wonder that happened on a pilgrimage with Wonder Voyage. People often ask what we are looking for in these stories, but the truth is that these moments are different for everyone.
Here are five recent stories in our 20 Years of Wonder celebration.
- Birds have several biblical meanings, but when one pilgrim encountered a bird in a sanctuary in Canterbury, it changed the entire trajectory of her life. A Bird Flew Through the Church is a great example of a unique Moment of Wonder.
- Stop and Taste the Fudge is about a young man’s experience in Ireland where the beauty of the moment made him understand the value of stopping and enjoying the little things in life.
- God speaks to everyone in a language they understand. Bigfoot and the Shift Key is about how God spoke to an engineer in a way that made it possible for him to make a big change in his career path.
- My Momento of Wonder focuses on the heart of servanthood and how being open to God’s change in direction can open beautiful new opportunities to impact people’s lives.
- If you are a church leader, you will totally relate to Exposed to God’s Calling. This is the story of a youth leader who brought his teens on an adventure but was blindsided by God dealing with him as much as the students.
Do you have a Moment of Wonder to add to our collection? We’d love to hear from you. You can elect to write it yourself, be interviewed by phone or email, or work straight with our editor. We will make the process as easy as possible. Submit today! Our collection isn’t complete without you.