As the gatekeeper of South America, Columbia is a portal into another world. As you wander the streets of old Cartagena’s colonial seaport, filled with breathtaking architecture and rich history, it’s easy to imagine life in the 17th century. The Old City seamlessly merges with a new world-centric social scene. Even though Columbia is rushing into the future, there are abundant opportunities to serve those who still struggle to make it another day.
A Wonder Voyage to Columbia lets you experience both the active and vibrant city of Cartagena, but it also gives opportunity to visit other parts of this remarkable country. There are religious, natural, and historic treasures in abundance. If you want to serve there are abundant opportunities. Imagine visiting the soaring Andean mountains, the mystifying Amazon jungles, and ancient indigenous kingdoms. The allure of Columbia calls. Will you answer?
- Discover an ancient monastery that is still active today.
- Ponder the beauty of God’s creation during a sunrise climb to the top of a sacred mountain.
- Worship in a historic pilgrim church that embodies Sicilian culture.
- Visit Mt. Etna, the largest active volcano in Europe.
- Explore the ancient Arab ruins hidden in the hill country.
- Hike from mountain village to mountain village in stillness and awe.
- Serve a local community through food service to the homeless.
- Work in a church located in one of the mountain communities.
- Participate in a cultural exchange with youth from a small village.
There is not an example itinerary for Columbia, please contact [email protected] for specific information about this Wonder Voyage.
Legacy in Columbia
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.