Storms, both metaphorical and literal, are part of life. There is no escaping them. What happens during and after the storm can be remarkable. Stories of faith, perseverance, challenge, and growth abound within the stories of the storms. Centuries of high winds, crashing waves, and submerged hazards have worn the coastline and its inhabitants into something of resilient beauty. The coast of North Carolina is a poignant location from which to examine our response to the storms in our own lives.
Our North Carolina Coast: Stories of the Storm pilgrimage encourages your group to embrace the idea in Isaiah 25 of God as “a safe place from the storm.” As we paddle in the calm waters of the Neuse River, serve the needs of the less fortunate, and take in the rugged coast of the Outer Banks, we will hear the stories of the storms. We will consider the role of faith in the storms and contemplate the role of God – in the calm, in the storm, in the aftermath. Join Wonder Voyage on the Carolina Coast for a time to embrace the One who preserves us.
- Enjoy a paddling adventure on the Neuse River.
- Engage in meaningful community service through collaborative local churches.
- Worship at a church whose history dates to the earliest years of the United States.
- Understand persistence as you witness the wild horses of the Shackleford Banks.
- Ponder ‘a light in the storm’ against the backdrop of an Outer Banks lighthouse.
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.