Greece first entered many of our minds through Homer’s Odyssey. The adventure of Odysseus, as he desperately tried to return to his beloved Ithaca, has evoked myth and adventure in the hearts of people for thousands of years. Imagine embarking on an odyssey of your own.
As we make pilgrimage to Greece, we embark on a monumental journey to the cradle of western civilization. Imagine walking along the streets of Athens on your way to the Acropolis. This is the rhetorical stomping grounds of Plato and Aristotle, the fathers of philosophy. On our Grecian mission we may visit cities, such as Corinth or Berea, which the Apostle Paul wrote about in the New Testament. To explore Greek culture is not only a journey into the mysteries of the Orthodox Church, or ancient ruins, but a taste extravaganza with the best food in the world.
- Visit churches that have been faithful places of prayer for almost 2000 years.
- Follow in the footsteps of the Apostle Paul and walk in the very places where he wrote much of the New Testament.
- Explore the practices of Greek Orthodoxy and discover the roots of modern Christianity.
- Wander the Plaka, an ancient marketplace thousands of years old.
- Travel to ancient Corinth and discover a multitude of archaeological finds.
- Enjoy a day by the sea on a Mediterranean beach.
- Serve a school in the heart of Athens.
- Dive into an environmental program to help clean a beach or neighborhood.
- Serve the elderly in a small community.
There is not an example itinerary for Greece, please contact [email protected] for specific information about this Wonder Voyage.
Legacy in Greece
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.