Hungary is a treasure trove of discovery. In this amalgamation of Eastern and Western Europe you have Budapest, one of the most stunning, vibrant and accessible cities in Europe but also a nation with one of the richest living folk traditions on the Continent. You will split your time between the architecturally diverse Budapest and the gentle countryside. There is a depth to the spiritual history of Hungary that we will explore with joy not to mention food, art, and thermal springs that are abundant.
A Wonder Voyage to Hungary lets you experience both an active and vibrant urban culture and a lovely rich countryside. This is a country where pilgrimage takes you to ancient sites, thin places and introspective wonders. Budapest was a place people, for centuries, came for physical healing in the wellness spas scattered across the landscape. Today it can be a place for spiritual healing and exploration on your Wonder Voyage.
- Spend a few days at an abbey founded in 996.
- Take a moment of stillness in the Gellert Cave Chapel.
- Visit and pray in a mosque, a synagogue and a church in the same day.
- Dive into the Grand Market Hall, the largest indoor market in Hungary.
- Soak in the healing waters of a thermal bath.
- Visit one of the unbelievable museums along the Danube River.
- Visit the Dohany Street Synagogue, one of the largest in the world.
- Serve in a rural community through a local church.
- Participate in a cultural exchange with youth in Budapest.
There is not an example itinerary for Hungary, please contact [email protected] for specific information about this Wonder Voyage.
Legacy in Hungary
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.