“We are using resources as if we had two planets, not one. There can be no Plan B because there is no Planet B.” These challenging words from former UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon provide an appropriate backdrop for investigating the ecosystems of coastal North Carolina, Montana, the Grand Tetons and other locations. The health of rivers, estuaries, and oceans are barometers for the overall health of the planet. The effects of overconsumption, pollution, and plain neglect will be irreversible at some point, and currently there is no other planet for the global community to inhabit. We hold the future of the planet in our hands.
Our educational expedition to these locations focus on environmental stewardship both locally and globally. From the rivers to the forests to the oceans, each day presents a focus on a particular facet of the ecosystem. As we learn more about the importance of waterways, oceans, and forests, we will consider our roles in the consumption, conservation, and protection of the Earth’s precious natural resources. Join Wonder Voyage and learn what it takes to step up to the challenge of caring for our fragile Earth.
- Learn about the importance of keeping pollution out of our rivers and lakes
- Participate in an environmental stewardship project with a coastal nature preserve
- Enjoy the thrill of a kayak adventure
- Splash in the waves during a visit to the Atlantic Ocean
- Hike in the beautiful Croatan National Forest and hear about America’s first mystery
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.