You might think New Orleans is defined by jazz, Cajun food, and the French Quarter. In truth, these are just a few interesting components of a city that is America’s most unique story. Her 300-year history is rooted in backgrounds as diverse as Native American, French, Spanish, Cajun, and the Caribbean. Throughout history, they have blended their traditions and cultures to form a mosaic of humanity that birthed jazz, one-of-a-kind cuisine, a genuinely unique city center, and a distinct dialect. There is nowhere else like New Orleans.
Our exceptional thematic pilgrimage to New Orleans takes place in iconic neighborhoods like the French Quarter, Treme, Algiers, and the surrounding swamplands to tell the story of the Big Easy from the unique voices of its people. G.K. Chesterton wrote, “I had always felt life first as a story- and if there is a story there is a storyteller.” As we explore the story of New Orleans, we will also explore the wonder of our own unique story written by the Author of the Universe who says in Ephesians 2:10, “You are God’s masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus to live great stories that He has prepared for you before the world was born.” As you enter into the tales of the Big Easy, you will have a chance to serve, eat, play, explore, and seek wonder at every turn of the journey. Discover your own unique story and encounter the face of God in New Orleans knowing wonder changes everything.
- Immerse yourself in swamp stories on a boat ride with a Cajun storyteller.
- Celebrate the Eucharist at the oldest Episcopal Church west of the Mississippi River.
- Engage the sights, sounds, and creativity of the Tremé -an early Freedmen’s community.
- Enjoy an evening of music that reflects New Orleans’ unique blend of cultures.
- Give of your time and energy volunteering in a way that impacts the local community.
There is not an example itinerary for A Unique Story, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for specific information about this Wonder Voyage.
Legacy in A Unique Story
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.