Complex, beautiful, culturally rich. These words are a few of the hundreds of words one might use to describe Sicily. For centuries, this large island off the Italy’s boot tip has been taken repeatedly through foreign domination. Yet, amid that constant flux, a completely original Sicilian culture has developed. Unique in the world, traveling to Sicily today is like visiting Italy 30 years ago, without the crowds and modern irritants. This is a place calling out for adventurers.
A Wonder Voyage to Sicily lets you experience both an active and vibrant coastal culture and a quiet and contemplative mountain culture. There are religious, natural, and historic treasures in abundance. We will dip into Arab, Byzantine, Norman, Italian and Grecian influence everywhere we visit. Imagine hiking the mountains from one town to the next or visiting an ancient temple or the largest active volcano in Europe. Sicily is a place filled with wonder.
- Discover an ancient monastery that is still active today.
- Ponder the beauty of God’s creation during a sunrise climb to the top of a sacred mountain.
- Worship in a historic pilgrim church that embodies Sicilian culture.
- Hike from mountain village to mountain village in stillness and awe.
- Explore the ancient Arab ruins hidden in the hill country.
There is not an example itinerary for Sicily, Italy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for specific information about this Wonder Voyage.
Legacy in Sicily, Italy
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.