Beware! To consider the Amazon is to consider a veiled world of mystery. Explore vast emerald jungles filled with undiscovered flora and fauna. Tribal people, whose exposure to the outside world is limited, are your only contacts. The line between mythology and reality is blurred in midnight tales around the fire. A visit to the Amazon will change the way you look at the world.
Wonder Voyage’s Amazon adventures are once-in-a-lifetime experiences. You will spend your pilgrimage or missions trip floating down one of the world’s mightiest rivers, learning from the jungle, living in remote tribal villages, eating the food of the Amazon, and maybe even catching a wild creature. At the same time, you can give back by serving in your host communities through a number of means. Will you dare to meet the Amazon head on?
- Visit a tribal church that has worship like nothing you have ever experienced in your life.
- Engage in true silence by sitting on your boat and floating for hours with only jungle sounds resonating in your ears.
- Serve a displaced people group, and know what it means to lay your life down for ‘the least of these’.
- Live on a 40’ foot boat on one of the most remote spots on the planet.
- Go into the jungle for a night session of reptile wrangling.
- Visit Monkey Island, where hundreds of tamed monkeys greet you with mischief.
- Bring medical aid to local villages.
- Share stories at a tribal gathering, and earn the respect of your hosts.
- Allow children to get a better education experience by fixing up a school.
There is not an example itinerary for Amazon, please contact [email protected] for specific information about this Wonder Voyage.
Legacy in Amazon
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.