El Salvador is a country with a torrid past: war, natural disasters, unstable governments and a massive gap between the wealthy and the poor. This is a country that bares its scars, even today. Yet, El Salvador is moving toward change. A country with diverse regions, a beautiful Pacific coast and rumbling volcanoes, El Salvador has much to offer those who visit; to give you the opportunity to experience a country on the verge of transformation.
A Wonder Voyage to El Salvador allows you to work side by side with a people who have learned to live by faith. The patron saint of the Americas, Oscar Romero, grew up here and his stand against injustice lives on today. Take time to serve a people longing for change, for hope, for joy. El Salvador, the smallest and most densely populated country in Central America, waits for you to discover her wonders.
- Discover a faith formed by hardship and hope.
- Learn to surf on the Pacific Ocean.
- Climb an ancient volcano to a dazzling lake.
- Explore the Pompeii of Central America.
- Serve a mountain town through food service to those in desperate need.
- Be part of a water reclamation project.
There is not an example itinerary for El Salvador, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for specific information about this Wonder Voyage.
Legacy in El Salvador
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.