The area encompassed by Grand Teton National Park was visited for hundreds of years by nomadic Indian tribes. Later, mountain men and trappers ventured through in search of beaver. By the late 1800’s, settlers raising cattle and harvesting hay were part of the landscape. While the human inhabitants have varied through the course of history, the breathtaking landscape, beautiful flora, and abundant fauna have continued to thrive.
The splendor of the Grand Tetons makes one abundantly aware that God is omnificent – unlimited in creative power. Join us on a missions trip or pilgrimage that includes meeting God in His “outdoor sanctuary.” Miles of trails and opportunities to view interesting wildlife, birds, plants, and flowers make this journey a feast for all of the senses. Experience how the Lord has put the “great” in the Great Outdoors, a journey toward splendor.
- Hike miles of trails through mountains and meadows, and experience the awe-inspiring beauty of God’s creation, and the diversity of its creatures.
- Spend time in solitude and silence on top of Inspiration Point or next to a crystal clear mountain lake.
- Celebrate the Eucharist in a chapel overlooking the Grand Teton Mountain Range.
- Experience the thrill of white-water rafting on the legendary Snake River.
- View the amazing scenery from horseback in Bridger–Teton National forest.
- Experience waterfalls, geysers, and thermal pools on a day trip to Yellowstone.
- Help maintain the beauty of the Grand Tetons for the generations to come by spending a day serving with the National Park Service.
- Assist a local congregation with projects on their church grounds.
- Serve the needy in this community by working at a resale shop or food pantry.
Every Wonder Voyage itinerary (mission trip and/or pilgrimage) is personalized to the desires, direction and personality of each group. This itinerary is only a description of the kind of journey we can create for your unique team.
- Day 1 – Arrival in Awe
Upon arrival, your team will head to Colter Bay Village to get acquainted with their new home away from home: Lake Jackson. The lake sits dominated by sheer beauty of Grand Teton and its fellow peaks. After settling in you will have a great meal and get acquainted with your incredible surroundings.
- Day 2 – Renewal
Our spiritual journey takes flight with Holy Communion at The Chapel of the Transfiguration, one of the most visited religious structures in America. Then weʼll head out for a hike at Taggart Lake. In the 1980ʼs a lightning fire burned through the Taggart Lake area and killed everything in its path. But, over time, a rebirth has occurred and in the future all of this will be covered with new life. A similar thing happens with the changes in our lives. God often has to burn up certain areas of our lives only to build us up in others. Are there areas in your life God might be trying to burn?
- Day 3 – Inspired to Silence
Looking at the divinity of the mountains makes you realize how amazing our God is. It is hard to believe that he put all of this in place for us to enjoy, but sometimes we get too busy with life to take it all in. Looking at his creation, what would you ask him? Are there personal mountains that you have been trying to ascend but you feel like you are at your breaking point?
- Day 4 – Timing is Everything
Old Faithful is one of the highlights of Yellowstone because it is a huge geyser that is very predictable. People like the fact that they can come look at a sign that says the next eruption will begin in 15-30 minutes. When you understand all of the things that go on beneath the surface to make that happen, it is amazing that such a huge display can happen so frequently. Is that how God works? Are you having any success having him do things by your watch?
- Day 5 – Stone Soup
By now the team has learned a few things about living in community. When forced into close quarters, teamwork can be a challenge. We will spend some time in the morning discussing some of these struggles before heading back to The Chapel of the Transfiguration for a service project. For a final challenge, weʼll end our day with a meal prepared by the kids!
- Day 6 – Reflection
After breakfast the team will head into Jackson for some shopping and free time. After lunch you’ll have your breath taken away by a whitewater rafting adventure on the Snake River. Once we are back at camp the team will have some time to clean up and pack up before our celebration feast. After dinner weʼll gather and reflect on our adventures and moments of wonder from the week.
Legacy in Grand Tetons, Wyoming
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.