The western region of North Carolina contains the storied Appalachian Mountains, the highest mountains in the eastern United States. With no real urban centers, and plenty of wide open spaces, western North Carolina has a completely different feel than the rest of the state. From the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway to the picturesque town of Asheville, there is much to see and do. Here you can experience the beauty of the outdoor sanctuary as you walk trails once traveled by the Cherokee. If you listen closely you can hear the echoes of the bagpipes of the early Scotch-Irish settlers.
Your Wonder Voyage to western North Carolina includes plenty of time in the great outdoors – time to shift gears, time to breathe deeply. The town of Asheville has lots of opportunities for meaningful volunteer service that will resonate with your group. A day trip to Greensboro will help tell the story of the struggle for Civil Rights in the South. Come to North Carolina and be rejuvenated by its beauty.
- Experience the majesty of creation on a hiking the Appalachians.
- Enjoy the reverential peace as you pray in a century old basilica.
- Take a contemplative walk through an outdoor labyrinth.
- Learn the history of the Cherokee Nation.
- Splash in the cool waters at a natural rock slide.
- In Greensboro, immerse yourself in the Civil Rights story.
- Participate in an environmental conservation program.
- Harvest the bounty from a community garden.
- Serve people experiencing homelessness.
There is not an example itinerary for North Carolina Mountains, please contact [email protected] for specific information about this Wonder Voyage.
Legacy in North Carolina Mountains
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.