With a name derived from the French words that mean “green mountain,” Vermont is certainly a verdant jewel of New England. Originally home to the Abenaki tribe, Vermont was also a French and then a British colony before joining the United States as the 14th state. Known for its rolling hills and picturesque landscapes, Vermont is a perfect location for a Wonder Voyage. Burlington, in the northern part of the state, is our destination. This vibrant little city along the shores of glistening Lake Champlain is a perfect location from which to base our Vermont adventures.
A Wonder Voyage to Vermont includes a variety of beauty that is packed into a very small state. Hillside hikes, historical landmarks, local markets, and waterfront adventures all combine to make this a place to be peaceful and free. Take time away from the frantic pace of everyday life, and immerse yourself in the fresh air and stunning beauty of Vermont.
- Pray in a church originally built to house five different denominations.
- Visit a maple farm and decide for yourself if Vermont maple syrup is the best.
- Take in the visual splendor of a Greek Orthodox sanctuary.
- Hike in the woods that inspired the poetry of Robert Frost.
- Harvest on a local farm that donates everything that it produces to charity.
- Enjoy a paddling adventure in the waters of storied Lake Champlain.
There is not an example itinerary for Vermont, please contact email@example.com for specific information about this Wonder Voyage.
Legacy in Vermont
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.