Nestled under Lake Erie and the rim of the Appalachian Mountains, Ohio boasts of splendor from all angles. We begin in Cleveland, where for over 200 years, Americans have settled, traded and developed the area. Diverse cultural neighborhoods were stitched together to make up this vibrant patchwork of a city. From the lake, follow the Cuyahoga River south to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park for outdoor adventure. There we find the remnants of the territory’s past, from French fur traders to Iroquois Indians to abolitionists like John Brown.
A Wonder Voyage to Cleveland leaves room for growth in understanding of another race, nationality and culture. Service can bring you closer to nature through a community garden or ecological project or can open your eyes to the needs of a neighbor. Exploration hides in surprising spots around the city and beyond.
- Journal and reflect near a calm stretch of the Cuyahoga River.
- Worship in a historic church with a contemporary spirit.
- Take to the open waters of Lake Erie by paddle.
- Examine the unique skyline of the oldest city in Ohio from a bird’s eye view.
- Settle into a slower pace with a day spent in Amish Country.
- Fight the cycle of poverty and homelessness in an inner-city shelter.
Every Wonder Voyage itinerary (mission trip and/or pilgrimage) is personalized to the desires, direction and personality of each group. This itinerary is only a description of the kind of journey we can create for your unique team.
Legacy in Cleveland, Ohio
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.