Nearly 230 years ago, our Founding Fathers gathered in the Assembly Room of the Pennsylvania State House to establish the U.S. Constitution. Its purpose was “to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity.” Perhaps the most influential freedoms given through this document are those found in the First Amendment. An American’s rights to freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of gathering, freedom of religion, and our right to protest are declared in this Amendment.
Join us on an educational experience that brings the facets of the First Amendment into light by discovering their original intent and exploring their expression in our daily lives. A Wonder Voyage retreat to Philadelphia allows the pilgrim to dig deep into history to draw knowledge for a better understanding of our modern-day rights.
- Roam through endless stalls of deliciousness in America’s oldest market.
- Tour the nation’s first penitentiary at night to marvel at its notable architecture.
- Explore the rights of the First Amendment in the city where they were written.
- Get lost in a garden of mosaic magic.
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.