The rural west of Maryland, home to notable figures like Henry Ford and Thomas Edison, is part of Appalachia. It has some of the most scenic countrysides along the Eastern Seaboard and vast opportunities for adventure and exploration. As one of the original thirteen colonies, Maryland played a role in the founding of our nation including an important role on the Underground Railroad during the Abolitionist movement.
Your Wonder Voyage to Maryland immerses you deep into our nation’s history – from the original founding of the nation to the war that nearly ripped it apart. You can walk the paths that were part of the way to freedom for enslaved people. Experience the true beauty of the Allegheny Mountains with woodland hiking and water adventures. Come to Maryland on a Wonder Voyage where God will meet you in the stories, in the service, and in the surroundings.
- Stop and pray in a Civil War Cemetery.
- Contemplate freedom as you explore stops along the Underground Railway.
- Worship in a Revolutionary War era church.
- Explore the depths of a cavern filled with limestone formations.
- Serve a warm nutritious meal to folks experiencing homelessness.
- Enjoy an exhilarating afternoon on a whitewater rafting adventure.
There is not an example itinerary for Maryland, please contact [email protected] for specific information about this Wonder Voyage.
Legacy in Maryland
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.