Minnesota gets its name from the Dakota Sioux word which means “land of the sky-tinted water.” To the indigenous people of the area, water was big medicine. Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes, was known as Lake Gichigami – the Great Sea. Your Wonder Voyage begins in the northeast where outdoor adventures like hiking, swimming, and rafting abound. The end of the journey brings you to the storied Twin Cities of Minneapolis – St Paul for a look at a bustling urban area built on what were once indigenous lands.
A Wonder Voyage to Minnesota allows the time and space to find peace in wild places. Enjoy the breathtaking splendor of the woods, waterfalls, rivers, and lakes; and encounter God in creation. Contemplate the importance of sites that are sacred to Native Americans and hear the stories of healing. Come encounter the beauty, tranquility, and healing that await you in Minnesota.
- Hear stories of healing at sites sacred to Native Americans.
- Take time for prayer in the oldest church in continuous use in Minnesota.
- Walk across the headwaters of the Mississippi River.
- Explore the depths of an underground mine.
- Immerse yourself in activities around the largest of the Great Lakes.
- Dig in the dirt at a local community garden.
There is not an example itinerary for Minnesota, please contact [email protected] for specific information about this Wonder Voyage.
Legacy in Minnesota
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.