From the Black Hills to the Badlands, South Dakota is an outdoor museum of prehistoric and presidential proportions. Evergreens cover the mountain region and rugged rock formations make up the south-central area. The two prominent tribes of the land tell a story of the indigenous past and the discovery of gold in the Black Hills opened the mountains up to roads and footpaths to explore.
A pilgrimage or mission trip to South Dakota is set in the Southwest corner. Rapid City is the perfect central location for inner-city service and a short drive to the Pine Ridge Reservation. A quiet retreat center nestled in the Black Hills allows time to listen and reflect. The open highways are easy connectors to unforgettable sites for exploration. Whatever your purpose, South Dakota is an ideal place for your next Wonder Voyage.
- Worship in an exact replica of the famous Borgund Stave Church in Norway.
- Slow down for quiet contemplation at a labyrinth nestled in the Black Hills.
- Encounter God’s creation at the unrivaled Black Elk Peak.
- Gaze into the faces of our Nation’s history carved in stone.
- Dig up the past at prehistoric fossil beds.
- Serve and learn about the local Lakota Indian Tribe.
There is not an example itinerary for South Dakota, please contact [email protected] for specific information about this Wonder Voyage.
Legacy in South Dakota
- *This is the base cost of the trip. Your cost may differ depending on housing, activities, etc.